Stories are vehicles for inspiration. Whether we choose to act in solidarity with strangers or strive to implement changes in our own communities, familiarizing ourselves with the stories of others often works as the catalyst for our own action. In this section, you will find stories from peoples across the world who have taken climate action into their own hands. Let these stories remind you of the resilience of humankind; let them guide you on your journey to embrace the health of the Earth as a top priority.
- Keep America Beautiful
- Youth Initiative Guide
- So You Recycled Your Old Laptop. Here’s Where It Might’ve Gone Huffington Post
- National Overview: Facts and Figures on Materials, Wastes and Recycling Environmental Protection Agency
- Sustainable Materials Management Environmental Protection Agency
Around the World
- Sweden’s recycling is so revolutionary, the country has run out of rubbish The Independent
- The Swedish Recycling Revolution Sweden
- Top 10 Recycling Countries From Around the World General Kinematic
- Inhabitat Inhabitat
- Barcelona Promotes Kitchen Oil Recycling Inhabitat
- Mandatory Composting in San Francisco Inhabitat
- Stylized Trash in Argentina Inhabitat
- Illuminated Garbage Bags in Warsaw Inhabitat
- Reverse Vending in the USA Inhabitat
- Waste Water Park in Germany Inhabitat
- South Africa: Johannesburg recycling initiative Aljazeera
- Nigerian recycling initiative proves it’s not all about hi-tech solutions The Guardian
- The World’s Recycling Is in Chaos. Here’s What Has to Happen. Wired
- Garbage Dreams
- Waste not: Egypt’s refuse collectors regain role at heart of Cairo Society The Guardian
- Cairo’s ‘Zabaleen’ garbage collectors: Egypt’s diamond in the rough Global Risk Insights
What Can We Do?
- What Can We Do About the Growing E-waste Problem? Columbia
- America has a recycling problem. Here’s how to solve it. The Week
- Recycling in the United States is in serious trouble. How does it work? Mashable
- Americans are really bad at recycling. But only because we’re not trying very hard. Green America
- How Does the US Recycling Compare to the rest of the world? Perfect Rubber Mulch
- 50 Recycling & Trash Statistics that will make you think twice about your trash Rubicon Global
Resources for Individual Climate Action
- Ten simple ways to act on climate change BBC 2018
- Overwhelmed by climate change? Here's what you can do The Guardian
- The Four Most Effective Things You Can Do About Climate Change, According To Science Forbes
Community Responses to Environmental Devastation
1. In what ways are communities across the world responding to our changing climate?
2. Is your local community making an effort to restore and preserve the Earth? If so, in what ways? If not, how do you wish your local community would take action?
3. Tell Your Story (20 Minutes)
Do you have a story you would like to share with Religica’s visitors? If so, we would love to hear your voice. Take twenty minutes to write about what you, your friends, and your community are doing to revitalize the Earth. When you finish, send your story to firstname.lastname@example.org.